[leafnode-list] Re: trying to decide which is better

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:42:35 -0500 Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> If IMAP (rather than NNTPd) is an option, have a look at Dovecot and
>> if it meets your requirements.
>
> we're already using dovecot but, I don't think it serves the need for
> a internal conference server, at lease, as far as I know.

It's not quite the same, but have you considered a wiki or a tracker or
"Faq-O-Matic"[1] ?

[1] <url:http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1.html>

> well I am going to use leaf node for my first tests of the injection
> code.  I will let you know where things break (unfortunately, I'm
> really good at breaking things)

... which is not a bad quality in the first place.  It makes finding
real errors easy  8-)

> I'm generating my own ID and references.  When I post, I get this
> error message
>
> nntplib.NNTPTemporaryError: 441 Invalid header "Message-ID:
> silly.test.1227217025392@xxxxxxxxx",
> article not posted
>
> it's entirely possible on generating the wrong format message ID.  I
> should go triple check that.

I think there's nothing wrong with the format, but there seems to be
a check if your host name matches "public.gmane.org".  It is certainly
no leafnode error message, as egrep(1) tells me.  You should have your
own host in your own message-id.

-c