[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Re: xinetd on centos 7 install
- From: Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:16:54 +1100
- Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:17:30 +0100
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:napbSxXgJeeEvv6W8hfTpjdPFqLV8LGtZVwlr6E/grcLSJyIuqrYZhKDt8tkgFKBZ4jH8fUM07OQ6PC9HzVaqs/Y4DgrS99laVwssY0uhQsuAcqIWwXQDcXBSGgEJvlET0Jv5HqhMEJYS47UblzWpWCuv3ZJQk2sfTR8Kum9IIPOlcP/j7n0oM2OJVwSz2PkMftbF1afk0b4joEum4xsK6I8mFPig0BjXKBo/15uPk+ZhB3m5829r9ZJ+iVUvO89pYYbCf2pN/dwcbsNCDkvPWYy6MCusRjYUSOD+j0RF3kbmRpOAguD8Ay/UpDrri7nsOY71CTJE9fxSOUYXimtp4NiSRPsgThPYzow8W3Tg9NrpKJcvBGstlp5zpKSaZzDZ6k2Rb/UYd5PHTkJZc1WTSEUWo4=
- List-id: Leafnode NNTP Server - Support and Technical discussions <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.tu-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces+list01=leafnode.de@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:07:53 +0100
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 27.10.2015 um 08:59 schrieb Doug Laidlaw:
> > I see that the latest release of Version 1 still uses xinetd. One
> > can't expect the distro to be one step ahead of the released
> > tarball.
> OTOH there's at least half a dozen ways to get the leafnode deamon
> launched on a listening TCP port, inetd in various flavours, xinetd,
> apparently systemd provides its own mechanisms, ipsvd, ucspi-tcp, and
> more, with all the service-starter-of-the-year on a particular OS.
> It is not necessarily a requirement for upstream to support them all.
> I will be happy to include contributions if they appear reasonably
> reusable across systems. If they are only for a particular system, I
> am less inclined to include it, however.
I am not suggesting you should, Matthias. MatÄj asked me why my distro
was still using xinetd. The simple answer is, because you wrote it
that way. No criticism was intended.
I don't know if I could write a service file that works. The service
file provided in the rspamd download doesn't work on my system, and my
edits have been unsuccessful. I can't promise any more for leafnode.
leafnode-list mailing list