[leafnode-list] Re: Listening on ports other than 119

On Monday 11 September 2006 10:55, Peter J Ross wrote:

> On Sunday 10 September 2006 18:12, Martin wrote:

<...>

> > The other problem is running leafnode with a *completely* different
> > setup. For example /etc/leafnode/moderators and /etc/leafnode/users
> > cannot be changed, as it seems.
>
> According to my reading of the README, I think they can be changed.
>
> ./configure --prefix=DIR --sysconfdir=DIR
>
> I'll do some testing to see which of us is right.

I'm now running two leafnodes flawlessly on the same box. My former
ignorance of inetd was the only stumbling-block. --prefix was
sufficient without using --sysconfdir.

All the configuration files for the second installation (including
users, moderators, local.groups) are in /usr/local/rap/etc/, while the
other server is cheerfully still using /etc/leafnode/.

Addition to /etc/services:
nntp2 120/tcp

Addition to /etc/inetd.conf:
nntp2 stream tcp nowait news /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/rap/sbin/leafnode

Addition to news's crontab:
30 6 * * * /usr/local/rap/sbin/texpire
23 * * * * /usr/local/rap/sbin/fetchnews

With a little help on inetd and some careful reading of the leafnode
documentation, it just works! All I have to do now is to try to
separate the two sets of syslog entries into different files.

--
PJR :-)